Last Sunday we hosted Matt's grandparents and two of his cousins for Sunday dinner. They were driving through town that morning, so I offered to cook. It also gave them a chance to come and see our house for the first time. I used our cloth napkins, crystal, and china. The only problem is I forgot to take any pictures! We served rosemary turkey, corn casserole, fresh peas, fresh fruit salad, and homemade chocolate cake with ice cream. Everything turned out great! After eating we piled into my new car and took a ride around town. We thoroughly enjoyed their visit!
A few days ago mom came down for a visit from Columbus. With her she brought her parents dining room table (1930's). The chairs were last covered in the 90's and were an ugly blue and peach color. Earlier in the week I stopped by Flair Fabrics and Furnishings on Lakeland Drive (thanks for the suggestion, India) and bought some woven flax fabric to use on the chairs. Mom ended up working on this project until about 10 o'clock Thursday night. The lighting in the pictures is not exactly great, but you get the idea. I have already ordered placemats from Pottery Barn and am working on a centerpiece for the table. I will post more pictures soon. Also, the table has a leaf, so we will be able to seat 8. I see another book club in the future!







Carol, the chairs look great!! I love the fabric!
ReplyDelete